CBI registers six cases against 33 DJB officials
New Delhi: CBI has registered six FIRs against 33 Delhi Jal Board officials for allegedly favouring two private firms by clearing their exorbitant bills without any services or product being delivered.
CBI sources said the cases have been registered against Siddarth Gupta of Nath Envirotech Engineers and Pramod Sanwal of Pacific Marketing Engineers company, 33 officials of Delhi Jal Board and unknown others.
During 2011-12, 78 work orders were allegedly issued by DJB to these two firms in various areas. The DJB officials, from Junior Engineers to Executive Engineers of various zones, allegedly conspired with the businessmen and abused their official position to clear their exorbitant bills, they said.
These officials cleared bills of Rs 3.63 crore without actual supply of products and renovation works being done by the companies, they added.
"The officials falsely verified the bills submitted by these companies without obtaining purchase vouchers and released payments. They also overlooked exorbitant bills submitted by these companies," one of the CBI officials said.
The agency today carried out searches at 19 locations in Delhi including the residential and official premises of these officials and private companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai