CBI registers six cases against 33 DJB officials
New Delhi: CBI has registered six FIRs against 33 Delhi Jal Board officials for allegedly favouring two private firms by clearing their exorbitant bills without any services or product being delivered.
CBI sources said the cases have been registered against Siddarth Gupta of Nath Envirotech Engineers and Pramod Sanwal of Pacific Marketing Engineers company, 33 officials of Delhi Jal Board and unknown others.
During 2011-12, 78 work orders were allegedly issued by DJB to these two firms in various areas. The DJB officials, from Junior Engineers to Executive Engineers of various zones, allegedly conspired with the businessmen and abused their official position to clear their exorbitant bills, they said.
These officials cleared bills of Rs 3.63 crore without actual supply of products and renovation works being done by the companies, they added.
"The officials falsely verified the bills submitted by these companies without obtaining purchase vouchers and released payments. They also overlooked exorbitant bills submitted by these companies," one of the CBI officials said.
The agency today carried out searches at 19 locations in Delhi including the residential and official premises of these officials and private companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings