CBI says complaint against PM, Maran not maintainable
New Delhi: The CBI on Monday told a Delhi court that a complaint seeking registration of case against the Prime Minister and former Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran in the 2G spectrum scam does not require registration of any FIR.
In a status report filed in the court today, the CBI told Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal that the complaint filed by RTI activist Vivek Garg has been merged with the FIR already registered by it against Maran and others in October 2011.
The court has told Garg to file his reply to the CBI`s status report on January 17.
The matter pertains to a complaint filed by RTI activist Vivek Garg accusing the Prime Minister and Maran of "unlawfully changing and diluting" the original Terms of References (ToRs) for vacation and reallocation of spectrum leading to the 2G scam.
Garg had earlier sent a complaint to the CBI and also to the Anti-Corruption Branch of Delhi government, before moving the court.
The court had asked the agency to file its report after the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) of Delhi government said the matter was already being investigated by the CBI.
"Since the role of Dayanidhi Maran as the then Minister of Communications & Information Technology is already under investigation in the said FIR, the present complaint which also pertains to 2G spectrum allocation and role of Dayanidhi Maran, does not require registration of any new FIR or direction for investigation," the CBI status report said, but made no reference to the Prime Minister.
It also said "having regard to ongoing investigations...It was decided, after careful consideration to merge the complaint received from Vivek Garg directly and through Anti-Corruption Branch, Delhi government. The relevant allegations are being accordingly looked into along with the allegations in the said FIR."
Meanwhile, Additional Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran told the court that the complaint should have been filed before the Special Court constituted for undertaking all cases and all matters pertaining to 2G scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati