`CBI should examine new witnesses against Tytler`
New Delhi: The victims of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots on Friday told a Delhi court that CBI should examine the new witnesses which have come forward with "evidence" against Congress leader Jagdish Tytler whom the agency had given a clean chit in the case.
Advocate Navkiran Singh, appearing for complainant Lakhwinder Kaur and a riot victim, said CBI should atleast give a chance to the new witnesses who claim to have some additional evidence against Tytler and it should be taken on record.
The victims said CBI has not investigated fairly in the matter. CBI, however, stuck to its earlier stand that the investigation is already complete and there is no case made out against Tytler.
Additional Sessions Judge KS Pal has fixed July 6 for further arguments. Lakhwinder Kaur had in February this year moved the court against a magisterial court`s decision to accept CBI`s report to close a riot case against Tytler.
In her written submissions, Kaur had sought the court`s directions to CBI to re-investigate the matter "to bring on record the available evidence against Tytler "in the interest of justice."
The victim has claimed there was enough material to proceed against Tytler but CBI had "deliberately" given him clean chit in the case.
The magisterial court had in April, 2010, accepted the case closure report of CBI and gave a clean chit to Tytler on the ground that the Congress leader was not present at the site where the riots had broken out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!