CBI to get six new DIGs
New Delhi: The staff-starved CBI will soon be inducting six IPS officers at the DIG level whose appointments have been cleared by the Personnel Ministry.
Madhup Kumar Tewari, 1995-batch AGMU cadre; Sandeep Khirwar, 1995-batch Haryana cadre; Vineet Vinayak, 1995 batch Sikkim cadre; Shankhabrata Bagchi, 1996 batch Andhra Pradesh cadre; Bhanu Bhaskar, 1996-batch UP cadre and Gajendra Kumar Goswami, 1997-batch UP cadre, would soon be joining the agency.
CBI sources said their appointments have been cleared by the DoPT and they would soon join once the respective state governments give their nod.
Tewari has been posted as Additional Commissioner of Police with Delhi Police, Khirwar DIG CID in Haryana Police and Vinayak as Inspector General in Armed Police and CID in the state.
Bagchi has been posted as DIG, CID, while Bhaskar has been posted as DIG Police Training School Meerut and Goswami as DIG.
After the induction of these new officers, three posts at DIG level would remain vacant in the agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city