CBI to get six new DIGs
New Delhi: The staff-starved CBI will soon be inducting six IPS officers at the DIG level whose appointments have been cleared by the Personnel Ministry.
Madhup Kumar Tewari, 1995-batch AGMU cadre; Sandeep Khirwar, 1995-batch Haryana cadre; Vineet Vinayak, 1995 batch Sikkim cadre; Shankhabrata Bagchi, 1996 batch Andhra Pradesh cadre; Bhanu Bhaskar, 1996-batch UP cadre and Gajendra Kumar Goswami, 1997-batch UP cadre, would soon be joining the agency.
CBI sources said their appointments have been cleared by the DoPT and they would soon join once the respective state governments give their nod.
Tewari has been posted as Additional Commissioner of Police with Delhi Police, Khirwar DIG CID in Haryana Police and Vinayak as Inspector General in Armed Police and CID in the state.
Bagchi has been posted as DIG, CID, while Bhaskar has been posted as DIG Police Training School Meerut and Goswami as DIG.
After the induction of these new officers, three posts at DIG level would remain vacant in the agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill