CCTV footage of suicide raises concerns over Metro security
New Delhi: A shocking CCTV footage of a Metro station has shown how a man committed suicide by jumping before a train, but due to absence of security guards on the platform, his life couldn’t be saved.
The incident that occurred on Chhatarpur metro station on October 01 this year has brought lax security arrangements at capital’s Metro stations under the scanner.
CCTV footage shows a man jumping on the railway tracks with the intent to commit suicide.
The grab that is a minute long has him jumping off the platform onto a track before an oncoming train, but while the video was diligently captured by security cameras, not even one security personnel is seen coming forward to stop him – an action that could’ve saved his life.
Questions are being raised as to whether the CCTV cameras are monitored, if yes, then why wasn’t an alarm raised?
Instances of suicides at Metro stations have increased manifolds in the recent past, but none of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) officials responded to Zeenews’ enquiries in this regard.
However, officials of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) (that secures Metro premises) claimed necessary measures were being taken to make Metro stations safer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf