CCTV footage of suicide raises concerns over Metro security
New Delhi: A shocking CCTV footage of a Metro station has shown how a man committed suicide by jumping before a train, but due to absence of security guards on the platform, his life couldn’t be saved.
The incident that occurred on Chhatarpur metro station on October 01 this year has brought lax security arrangements at capital’s Metro stations under the scanner.
CCTV footage shows a man jumping on the railway tracks with the intent to commit suicide.
The grab that is a minute long has him jumping off the platform onto a track before an oncoming train, but while the video was diligently captured by security cameras, not even one security personnel is seen coming forward to stop him – an action that could’ve saved his life.
Questions are being raised as to whether the CCTV cameras are monitored, if yes, then why wasn’t an alarm raised?
Instances of suicides at Metro stations have increased manifolds in the recent past, but none of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) officials responded to Zeenews’ enquiries in this regard.
However, officials of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) (that secures Metro premises) claimed necessary measures were being taken to make Metro stations safer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you