CCTV surveillance system at major stations
New Delhi: Strengthening the security arrangement at rail premises, Northern Railway has provided CCTV surveillance system at important stations including New Delhi, Nizamuddin and Old Delhi in the capital.
The CCTV cameras have been provided at platforms and circulating area and their footage is made available in the main control room which is manned by security personnel round the clock.
Surveillance cameras are being installed to help security personnel monitor the activities at railway stations. This helps providing security to passengers, said a senior Northern Railway official.
He said the recordings are stored digitally for future analysis.
CCTV surveillance system has been provided at 20 stations including 12 stations in Delhi area.
The coverage of CCTV surveillance system has now been extended to passenger reservation system (PRS) centers also to keep vigil on activities of unauthorised personnel in the ticketing areas.
Senior officers at Northern Railway headquarters can now monitor the activities at stations through the surveillance system.
Northern Railway is planning to provide CCTV surveillance system at other major stations in a phased manner.
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen