CD case: Cops to take voice samples of Bhushan, Amar, Mulayam
New Delhi: A Delhi Court on Friday allowed police to take voice samples of senior advocate Shanti Bhushan and politicians Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh for further investigation into the controversial CD case.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav accepted the Delhi Police plea for securing their voice samples through CFSL experts to ascertain the motive behind creating the CD with their purported conversation on managing a Supreme Court judge in a case.
"In my considered opinion, the present application filed by the investigation agency, is liable to be allowed as securing the voice sample of the aforesaid persons is very vital for further progress of investigation in the matter," the CMM said.
The court also allowed the Special Cell of Delhi police to get the voice samples of any other person having bearing in preparation of the CD.
The Special Cell, in its application, referred to the January 25 order of the court by which the agency was directed to conduct further investigation in the matter.
The court earlier had rejected the police plea for closing the case and had asked it to expeditiously probe the motive behind producing the CD.
"The prosecuting agency clearly failed to investigate as to what was the motive of creating such a CD. Was it to malign the complainant (Bhushan) and, in turn, thwart the `civil society movement` on `Lokpal Bill` which he had undertaken or was it a ploy to make the Hon`ble Supreme Court judge to recuse himself from the bench which was hearing the 2G case," the CMM had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note