Central Excise Comm to be produced in court
New Delhi: CBI on Saturday approached a Delhi
court seeking five days` police remand for Central Excise
Commissioner Anup Kumar Srivastava who was arrested for his
alleged role in a graft case.
CBI, in its plea, said Srivastava, who was undergoing
treatment at AIIMS under judicial custody, was discharged from
the hospital yesterday and they need to interrogate him in
connection with the case.
The agency said the accused cannot be produced in court
on January 23 due to full-dress rehearsal of Republic Day
parade on that day and if he is not produced before the judge
tomorrow, its application will be frustrated.
The court put up the application for hearing tomorrow and
directed the Jail Superintendent to produce Srivastava
tomorrow from Tihar Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him