Central Excise Comm to be produced in court
New Delhi: CBI on Saturday approached a Delhi
court seeking five days` police remand for Central Excise
Commissioner Anup Kumar Srivastava who was arrested for his
alleged role in a graft case.
CBI, in its plea, said Srivastava, who was undergoing
treatment at AIIMS under judicial custody, was discharged from
the hospital yesterday and they need to interrogate him in
connection with the case.
The agency said the accused cannot be produced in court
on January 23 due to full-dress rehearsal of Republic Day
parade on that day and if he is not produced before the judge
tomorrow, its application will be frustrated.
The court put up the application for hearing tomorrow and
directed the Jail Superintendent to produce Srivastava
tomorrow from Tihar Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA