Central Excise Comm to be produced in court
New Delhi: CBI on Saturday approached a Delhi
court seeking five days` police remand for Central Excise
Commissioner Anup Kumar Srivastava who was arrested for his
alleged role in a graft case.
CBI, in its plea, said Srivastava, who was undergoing
treatment at AIIMS under judicial custody, was discharged from
the hospital yesterday and they need to interrogate him in
connection with the case.
The agency said the accused cannot be produced in court
on January 23 due to full-dress rehearsal of Republic Day
parade on that day and if he is not produced before the judge
tomorrow, its application will be frustrated.
The court put up the application for hearing tomorrow and
directed the Jail Superintendent to produce Srivastava
tomorrow from Tihar Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price