Centre clears 23 projects for Delhi
New Delhi: The central government has sanctioned 23 infrastructure projects to make Delhi a world class city, union Urban Development Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu said Wednesday.
"Delhi was sanctioned 23 infrastructure projects under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission at a total cost of Rs.6,649.55 crore out of which central assistance has been Rs.2,327.34 crore," Naidu said in the Lok Sabha.
The minister also informed that the city`s urban population grew by 4.3 percent from 2001 to 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi