Centre clears 23 projects for Delhi
New Delhi: The central government has sanctioned 23 infrastructure projects to make Delhi a world class city, union Urban Development Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu said Wednesday.
"Delhi was sanctioned 23 infrastructure projects under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission at a total cost of Rs.6,649.55 crore out of which central assistance has been Rs.2,327.34 crore," Naidu said in the Lok Sabha.
The minister also informed that the city`s urban population grew by 4.3 percent from 2001 to 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015