Centre clears 23 projects for Delhi
New Delhi: The central government has sanctioned 23 infrastructure projects to make Delhi a world class city, union Urban Development Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu said Wednesday.
"Delhi was sanctioned 23 infrastructure projects under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission at a total cost of Rs.6,649.55 crore out of which central assistance has been Rs.2,327.34 crore," Naidu said in the Lok Sabha.
The minister also informed that the city`s urban population grew by 4.3 percent from 2001 to 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder