Centre compliments Delhi Police, agencies for Tunda`s arrest
New Delhi: The Union Home Ministry on Monday complimented the Delhi Police and central security agencies for arresting Abdul Karim Tunda, one of India`s most wanted terrorists.
"It was an extremely good work done by the agencies and Delhi Police. It demonstrates the excellent synergy among all organisations," Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami said.
The Home Secretary said the Ministry was looking forward to more such successes. "We hope more successes will be achieved by all of them working in tandem in the future too," he said.
Tunda, a close aide of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and a bomb-maker for terror outfit LeT, was arrested after being on the run in several countries for 19 years.
70-year-old Tunda, who was holding a Pakistani passport with the name Abdul Quddus, was arrested on Friday from an area on the Indo-Nepal border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days