Centre compliments Delhi Police, agencies for Tunda`s arrest
New Delhi: The Union Home Ministry on Monday complimented the Delhi Police and central security agencies for arresting Abdul Karim Tunda, one of India`s most wanted terrorists.
"It was an extremely good work done by the agencies and Delhi Police. It demonstrates the excellent synergy among all organisations," Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami said.
The Home Secretary said the Ministry was looking forward to more such successes. "We hope more successes will be achieved by all of them working in tandem in the future too," he said.
Tunda, a close aide of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and a bomb-maker for terror outfit LeT, was arrested after being on the run in several countries for 19 years.
70-year-old Tunda, who was holding a Pakistani passport with the name Abdul Quddus, was arrested on Friday from an area on the Indo-Nepal border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites