Centre harassing Delhi government for good work: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday accused the central government of harassing the Delhi government for doing "good work".
After Gulab Singh, in charge of the Aam Aadmi Party`s (AAP) affairs in Gujarat, got bail on Wednesday, Kejriwal asked the central government as to what purpose did his arrest serve.
"Gulab gets bail today (Wednesday). FIR against Imran (Environment Minister) quashed by Delhi High Court yesterday (Tuesday). What purpose is served?" the AAP convenor tweeted.
"Centre (is) harassing us because Delhi government (is) doing good work," Kejriwal wrote.
Gulab Singh, also an AAP legislator in Delhi, was arrested by the Delhi Police on October 16 in Surat -- ahead of Kejriwal`s rally -- on a non-bailable warrant.
The warrant was issued in connection with an extortion case after he failed to turn up for interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family