Centre not to intervene in DU-UGC tussle
New Delhi: The Central Government has reportedly decided not to intervene in the ongoing tussle between University Grants Commission (UGC) and Delhi University over the four-year undergraduate programme, and has asked the two parties to resolve it among themselves.
Earlier today, Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani held a meeting with UGC chairman Ved Prakash. Irani has reportedly expressed her displeasure over the delay in solving the issue.
Yesterday, the University Grants Commission (UGC) put up three separate notices for Delhi University, the colleges under it and students and parents, saying that the four-year undergraduate programme has been scrapped.
It ordered colleges to admit students for the three-year course instead of the four-year undergraduate programme (FYUP) which had been introduced last year.
The UGC on Friday in its letter to the DU had said that the four-year programme was against the NEP 1986, which envisages 10+2+3 policy and had asked them to restore the three-year programme which had been rejected by the latter.
The Delhi University later said that its four-year undergraduate programme is not against the National Education Policy (NEP) even after a directive from the University Grants Commission (UGC) asking the varsity to roll back the course.
DU students as well as aspiring students have been facing a lot of difficulties due to ongoing tiff between the UGC and university over the FYUP.
Earlier today, members of the All India Students Association (AISA) protested in front of the HRD ministry over the Four Year Undergraduate Program ( FYUP) in Delhi University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?