Certain remarks wrongly attributed to Nitin Gadkari, says his office
New Delhi: BJP leader Nitin Gadkari`s office has made it clear that certain remarks attributed to him at a function in Nagpur on April 11 had been wrongly attributed to him.
A news agency had quoted the former BJP President as having claimed that an unnamed senior leader had approached him for destablising the UPA government which he had refused.
The news agency had also quoted Gadkari as having said, "Main mard ka bachcha hoon. Jo karta hoon, saamne se karoonga. (I am a man of principle and whatever I do, I will do it publicly. No backstabbing)."
Gadkari`s office clarified today that he had only talked about a senior leader approaching him for destabilising the UPA government which he refused. The other paragraphs attributed to him in Hindi were not uttered by him and those words were concocted.
PTI accepts this clarification of Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble