Chaddha withdraws bail plea from HC
New Delhi: Aruna Chaddha, an accused in former air hostess Geetika Sharma`s suicide case, Friday withdrew her bail plea from the Delhi High Court with a liberty to file a fresh one in the trial court.
Chaddha`s counsel Ramesh Gupta withdrew the plea after Justice Manmohan refused to give an early date to hear it in October and issuing notice to the police on it, posted it for hearing in November.
Gupta told the court "if such a long date is given, the whole purpose of bail application will be defeated as the police will file charge sheet in the case and the situation will be different by then."
Refusing to grant early hearing, Justice Manmohan allowed Gupta to withdraw the plea saying "the bail plea is allowed to be withdrawn with a liberty to file fresh bail petition before trial court."
40-year-old Chaddha, worked in former Haryana Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda`s now-defunct MDLR Airlines where deceased Geetika too worked.
Chaddha had sought bail saying she has a seven-year-old daughter and old parents to look after.
Chaddha had also pleaded to the court that she was the sole bread earner of her family.
"Applicant (Chaddha) has old and ailing parents (father aged 71 years and mother 63) and both are suffering from heart and other ailments," the plea had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees