Chaos at Delhi’s IGI T-3 due to power outage
New Delhi: Operations at the Terminal 3 (T3) of the Indira Gandhi International Airport were affected for almost four hours due to disruption in power supply leading to delay of over 40 flights early this morning.
The T3 which completed its first anniversary this July remained in virtual darkness between 0125 AM to 0545 AM, official sources said, adding this led to the delay in schedules of most of the international flights arriving and departing from the IGI Airport.
"On August 07, due to a fault at a power sub-station the power supply was disrupted at T3 between 0125 hours to 0545 hours. However, the power supply was fully resumed at 0546 hours," a DIAL spokesperson said.
Due to the power disruption, check-in and baggage handling system were affected forcing airline people to do the check-in manually.
Even heavy generators, which have been installed as a back-up for such emergencies, could not provide power supply.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living