Chaos at Delhi’s IGI T-3 due to power outage
New Delhi: Operations at the Terminal 3 (T3) of the Indira Gandhi International Airport were affected for almost four hours due to disruption in power supply leading to delay of over 40 flights early this morning.
The T3 which completed its first anniversary this July remained in virtual darkness between 0125 AM to 0545 AM, official sources said, adding this led to the delay in schedules of most of the international flights arriving and departing from the IGI Airport.
"On August 07, due to a fault at a power sub-station the power supply was disrupted at T3 between 0125 hours to 0545 hours. However, the power supply was fully resumed at 0546 hours," a DIAL spokesperson said.
Due to the power disruption, check-in and baggage handling system were affected forcing airline people to do the check-in manually.
Even heavy generators, which have been installed as a back-up for such emergencies, could not provide power supply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?