Charge sheet filed against 5 Jamia students in gang-rape case
New Delhi: Five law students of Jamia Millia Islamia University were on Wednesday chargesheeted in a court here for allegedly confining and gang-raping a minor girl at their residence last year.
The probe agency submitted its charge sheet before Metropolitan Magistrate Gaurav Rao, who took cognizance of the matter and fixed February 6 for scrutiny of the documents.
"Accused were produced from the judicial custody. The copy of the charge sheet was supplied to them.... I take cognizance of the charge sheet.... Put up for scrutiny and further proceedings on February 6," the court said.
The charge sheet was filed against the five accused, including Pulkit Chaudhary, Amandeep Kadian, Sharad Shekhar Tomar, Roopenshu Pratap Singh and Vikas Punia.
They have been charged for wrongfully concealing or keeping in confinement, kidnapping or abducting a person, gang-raping and cheating by personating and common intention under the Indian Penal Code.
The sixth accused Prateek Singh Choudhary, apprehended by the police early this month was released after custodial interrogation, as he is still a suspect in the case, the police said, adding that if it finds that he is also involved in the case than it will file a separate report.
The 13-page charge sheet with annexures running into several pages includes 30 prosecution witnesses and 40 documents.
The five law students had allegedly gang-raped the 16-year-old girl who was held in captivity at the South Delhi residence of one of the co-accused, the police had said.
The police has also said that one among the accused had posed as a Delhi police official and raped her saying if she raised her voice or objected to his advances than he will implicate her in a false case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!