Charge sheet filed in Israeli diplomat attack case
New Delhi: Nearly five months after an Israeli diplomat`s car was bombed here, the Delhi Police on Tuesday filed a charge sheet in a local court, indicting Indian journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi of conspiring with foreign elements and others for the terror strike.
The charge sheet filed before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav only contained the name of Kazmi, the sole person arrested in the case for the February 13 attack in which an Israeli woman diplomat and her Indian driver were injured.
Kazmi has been charged under various provisions of the anti-terror law, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) and other sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) including the attempt to murder.
He has also been charge-sheeted under the provisions of the Explosive Substances Act.
The diplomat, Tal Yehoshua and the driver of the embassy vehicle, were among four people injured in the blast.
Kazmi was arrested on March 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary