Charge sheet filed in Israeli diplomat attack case
New Delhi: Nearly five months after an Israeli diplomat`s car was bombed here, the Delhi Police on Tuesday filed a charge sheet in a local court, indicting Indian journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi of conspiring with foreign elements and others for the terror strike.
The charge sheet filed before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav only contained the name of Kazmi, the sole person arrested in the case for the February 13 attack in which an Israeli woman diplomat and her Indian driver were injured.
Kazmi has been charged under various provisions of the anti-terror law, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) and other sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) including the attempt to murder.
He has also been charge-sheeted under the provisions of the Explosive Substances Act.
The diplomat, Tal Yehoshua and the driver of the embassy vehicle, were among four people injured in the blast.
Kazmi was arrested on March 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders