Charge sheet filed in Israeli diplomat attack case
New Delhi: Nearly five months after an Israeli diplomat`s car was bombed here, the Delhi Police on Tuesday filed a charge sheet in a local court, indicting Indian journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi of conspiring with foreign elements and others for the terror strike.
The charge sheet filed before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav only contained the name of Kazmi, the sole person arrested in the case for the February 13 attack in which an Israeli woman diplomat and her Indian driver were injured.
Kazmi has been charged under various provisions of the anti-terror law, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) and other sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) including the attempt to murder.
He has also been charge-sheeted under the provisions of the Explosive Substances Act.
The diplomat, Tal Yehoshua and the driver of the embassy vehicle, were among four people injured in the blast.
Kazmi was arrested on March 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption