Charge sheet filed in Israeli diplomat attack case
New Delhi: Nearly five months after an Israeli diplomat`s car was bombed here, the Delhi Police on Tuesday filed a charge sheet in a local court, indicting Indian journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi of conspiring with foreign elements and others for the terror strike.
The charge sheet filed before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav only contained the name of Kazmi, the sole person arrested in the case for the February 13 attack in which an Israeli woman diplomat and her Indian driver were injured.
Kazmi has been charged under various provisions of the anti-terror law, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) and other sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) including the attempt to murder.
He has also been charge-sheeted under the provisions of the Explosive Substances Act.
The diplomat, Tal Yehoshua and the driver of the embassy vehicle, were among four people injured in the blast.
Kazmi was arrested on March 6.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today