Charge sheet filed in Rs 5.25 crore defence colony heist
New Delhi: The Delhi police have filed the charge sheet in a court here against 15 members of a crime syndicate for allegedly conspiring to rob a cash van of Rs 5.25 crore and killing a security guard who resisted their attempt in Defence colony here.
Additional Sessions Judge Gulshan Kumar took congnizance of the charge sheet filed against Harikishan Sharma and his wife as well as a lady advocate besides 12 others who have been charged under stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA). The court has fixed April 16 for further proceedings.
The police have chargesheeted the accused for killing the security guard who resisted their attempt to rob the van.
All the accused have been charged under various sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC) including murder, dacoity, destruction of evidence and criminal conspiracy besides provisions of the Arms Act.
Of the 15 accused, 11 have been arrested so far and four are yet to apprehended.
According to police, Sharma and the others had allegedly intercepted a van belonging to a cash replenishment company, working for a bank, at Defence Colony in September 2012 and drove away with Rs 5.25 crore.
They had shot one of the guards who later died in a hospital here. The accused had left their Verna car at the spot. The van was recovered just over an hour later in the Hauz Rani area of south Delhi.
All the accused are allegedly involved in various other criminal caseses related to murder, robbery and dacoity.
The police, in their over 1000-page charge sheet, said Sharma is involved in 21 criminal cases and he had formed a crime syndicate which was behind the heist.
"He along (Sharma) with other members of the crime syndicate conspired and committed dacoity and overpowered the occupants of the cash van and on resistance killed one guard by using illegal arms and ammunition," the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof