Charge sheet filed in Rs 5.25 crore defence colony heist
New Delhi: The Delhi police have filed the charge sheet in a court here against 15 members of a crime syndicate for allegedly conspiring to rob a cash van of Rs 5.25 crore and killing a security guard who resisted their attempt in Defence colony here.
Additional Sessions Judge Gulshan Kumar took congnizance of the charge sheet filed against Harikishan Sharma and his wife as well as a lady advocate besides 12 others who have been charged under stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA). The court has fixed April 16 for further proceedings.
The police have chargesheeted the accused for killing the security guard who resisted their attempt to rob the van.
All the accused have been charged under various sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC) including murder, dacoity, destruction of evidence and criminal conspiracy besides provisions of the Arms Act.
Of the 15 accused, 11 have been arrested so far and four are yet to apprehended.
According to police, Sharma and the others had allegedly intercepted a van belonging to a cash replenishment company, working for a bank, at Defence Colony in September 2012 and drove away with Rs 5.25 crore.
They had shot one of the guards who later died in a hospital here. The accused had left their Verna car at the spot. The van was recovered just over an hour later in the Hauz Rani area of south Delhi.
All the accused are allegedly involved in various other criminal caseses related to murder, robbery and dacoity.
The police, in their over 1000-page charge sheet, said Sharma is involved in 21 criminal cases and he had formed a crime syndicate which was behind the heist.
"He along (Sharma) with other members of the crime syndicate conspired and committed dacoity and overpowered the occupants of the cash van and on resistance killed one guard by using illegal arms and ammunition," the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'