Chargesheet against brothers for raping minor girl in Delhi
New Delhi: A youth and his cousin, arrested for allegedly raping a 17-year-old girl after befriending her on a social networking site, were on Wednesday charge sheeted in a Delhi court.
Delhi Police submitted its chargesheet before Additional Sessions Judge Gulshan Kumar, who took cognisance of the matter and fixed March 18 for scrutiny of the documents.
"Accused were produced from judicial custody. The copy of the charge sheet was supplied to them.... I take cognisance of the charge sheet.... Put up for scrutiny and further proceedings on March 18," the court said.
The chargesheet was filed against Naveen Singh Khetwal (24) and his cousin Rajesh Singh (24), both MNC employees and resident of Sarojini Nagar in South Delhi, who were arrested after a complaint against them was registered on December 31, 2012.
They have been charged under sections 376 (rape), 509 (making gestures with an intent to insult a woman), 34 (common intention) of the IPC and under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
The police in its chargesheet alleged that the girl was lured into a relationship by the two cousins, who initially developed physical relations with her and then mentally tortured her by sharing her number with their friends and labelling her as a "prostitute".
"The girl had said in the FIR that the incident pushed her into depression and she attempted suicide twice," the chargesheet quoted the girl`s complaint to the police.
"The victim, a Class XII student, had met Naveen through Facebook in September 2011. Naveen had introduced her to his cousin Rajesh," the charge sheet reads.
The probe agency further said that "Rajesh used to call
the girl everyday, but she met him only once in a fortnight. Then Rajesh suddenly called off the friendship in March 2012, after which the victim used to remain very depressed".
"Taking advantage of her vulnerability, Naveen proposed to her. Naveen used to call the girl occasionally to console her. She was incapable of understanding his motives and intentions and agreed to his proposal.
"He took the girl to his friend`s place in Safdarjung Enclave here on July 24, 2012 and offered her a drink laced with sedatives. On drinking it, the girl felt dizzy and, thereafter, the accused took advantage of the victim," the chargesheet states.
The agency alleged that Naveen later broke up with her in September 2012, after which Rajesh took advantage of her and raped her.
It also alleged that after she informed Naveen about her meeting with Rajesh, he questioned her character and made her feel guilty about getting sexually involved with his cousin.
The police said that the girl then attempted suicide by drinking a floor-cleaning liquid.
Police said she also tried cutting her vein and was admitted to Max Hospital here for treatment.
The chargesheet further said that the girl was contacted by Nitin, another cousin of Naveen, who told her that the duo had made a plan to target her to "satisfy their lust".
"Nitin told me that Naveen had told Rajesh to sexually abuse me so that he could get rid of me. Naveen also distributed my phone number among his friends, labelling me as a prostitute. I have been getting calls from people," the chargesheet quoted the girl`s complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway