Chhattisgarh police to question DU professor arrested for Naxal links
Raipur: Chhattisgarh police will also interrogate the Delhi University professor G N Saibaba, arrested by the Gadchiroli police of Maharashtra on the charge of having links with the Naxals, a senior official said today.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Deepanshu Kabra told PTI that a team would be sent to Gadchiroli soon to question him.
Kabra said Saibaba was suspected to be associated with the banned organisation `Revolutionary Democratic Front`, which helped the Naxals. He was also suspected to be in touch with Naxals in Rajnandgaon, Bastar and Kanker in the state.
Some documents in this regard had been seized, he added.
Saibaba`s questioning may reveal names of Naxal sympathisers in the urban areas, he said.
He would be also questioned about his connections with the Naxals in the Abujhamad forest in Chhattisgarh.
Maharashtra police arrested Saibaba yesterday in Delhi and took him to Gadchiroli. He has been booked under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation
- Indian cargo ship heading for Yemen sinks off Oman: Reports
- 25 injured in fresh clashes in Kashmir, death toll rises to 68