Chhattisgarh police to question DU professor arrested for Naxal links
Raipur: Chhattisgarh police will also interrogate the Delhi University professor G N Saibaba, arrested by the Gadchiroli police of Maharashtra on the charge of having links with the Naxals, a senior official said today.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Deepanshu Kabra told PTI that a team would be sent to Gadchiroli soon to question him.
Kabra said Saibaba was suspected to be associated with the banned organisation `Revolutionary Democratic Front`, which helped the Naxals. He was also suspected to be in touch with Naxals in Rajnandgaon, Bastar and Kanker in the state.
Some documents in this regard had been seized, he added.
Saibaba`s questioning may reveal names of Naxal sympathisers in the urban areas, he said.
He would be also questioned about his connections with the Naxals in the Abujhamad forest in Chhattisgarh.
Maharashtra police arrested Saibaba yesterday in Delhi and took him to Gadchiroli. He has been booked under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event