Chhota Shakeel gang members get 3-yr jail
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced two
shooters allegedly belonging to Chhota Shakeel gang to three
years in jail each for firing at a police team while
purportedly being on a mission to eliminate a Bajrang Dal
"It has been established beyond reasonable doubt that
accused Mohd Almas and Mohd Javed in furtherance of their
common intention wilfully and voluntarily obstructed the
members of the police party in discharge of their public
functions and assaulted the police party with an intent to
prevent them from discharging their duties," Additional
Sessions Judge Kaveri Baweja said while convicting the duo.
As per the prosecution, the duo had fired at the police
team deployed to foil their plot to kill Robin Sharma, a
Bajrang Dal leader, who also ran a drug store at Dwarka in
South West Delhi.
The prosecution said the Special Cell of Delhi Police, on
a tip off that Chhota Shakeel gang hitmen had plotted to kill
Sharma, were on vigil near Sharma`s drug store.
As the police party lay in wait, it found Mohd Almas,
identified as a Chhota Shakeel gang member, walking towards
the spot. He was joined by other gang members Mohd Javed, who
was on a motorcycle, and Mohd Ajmal, who was riding pillion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid