Chhota Shakeel gang members get 3-yr jail
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced two
shooters allegedly belonging to Chhota Shakeel gang to three
years in jail each for firing at a police team while
purportedly being on a mission to eliminate a Bajrang Dal
"It has been established beyond reasonable doubt that
accused Mohd Almas and Mohd Javed in furtherance of their
common intention wilfully and voluntarily obstructed the
members of the police party in discharge of their public
functions and assaulted the police party with an intent to
prevent them from discharging their duties," Additional
Sessions Judge Kaveri Baweja said while convicting the duo.
As per the prosecution, the duo had fired at the police
team deployed to foil their plot to kill Robin Sharma, a
Bajrang Dal leader, who also ran a drug store at Dwarka in
South West Delhi.
The prosecution said the Special Cell of Delhi Police, on
a tip off that Chhota Shakeel gang hitmen had plotted to kill
Sharma, were on vigil near Sharma`s drug store.
As the police party lay in wait, it found Mohd Almas,
identified as a Chhota Shakeel gang member, walking towards
the spot. He was joined by other gang members Mohd Javed, who
was on a motorcycle, and Mohd Ajmal, who was riding pillion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs