Chhota Shakeel gang members get 3-yr jail
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced two
shooters allegedly belonging to Chhota Shakeel gang to three
years in jail each for firing at a police team while
purportedly being on a mission to eliminate a Bajrang Dal
"It has been established beyond reasonable doubt that
accused Mohd Almas and Mohd Javed in furtherance of their
common intention wilfully and voluntarily obstructed the
members of the police party in discharge of their public
functions and assaulted the police party with an intent to
prevent them from discharging their duties," Additional
Sessions Judge Kaveri Baweja said while convicting the duo.
As per the prosecution, the duo had fired at the police
team deployed to foil their plot to kill Robin Sharma, a
Bajrang Dal leader, who also ran a drug store at Dwarka in
South West Delhi.
The prosecution said the Special Cell of Delhi Police, on
a tip off that Chhota Shakeel gang hitmen had plotted to kill
Sharma, were on vigil near Sharma`s drug store.
As the police party lay in wait, it found Mohd Almas,
identified as a Chhota Shakeel gang member, walking towards
the spot. He was joined by other gang members Mohd Javed, who
was on a motorcycle, and Mohd Ajmal, who was riding pillion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA