Chidambaram meets Delhi Police Commissioner
New Delhi: The Delhi Police said Police Commissioner BK Gupta met union Home minister P Chidambaram Wednesday but it denied reports that the two discussed Tuesday`s crackdown on Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers.
"Delhi Police commissioner met home minister but it was only a routine meeting about parliament questions," Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
"No law and order issues were discussed... all reports are wrong," Bhagat said.
Media reports quoting sources from the Delhi Police said the police commissioner briefed the home minister about the crackdown against activists of BJP`s youth wing, Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM).
There were clashes between members of BJYM and the police when the party activists were staging a protest here at Jantar Mantar, close to Parliament house.
Police lobbed teargas shells, used water cannons and resorted to baton-charge to disperse the demonstrators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says