Chidambaram meets Delhi Police Commissioner
New Delhi: The Delhi Police said Police Commissioner BK Gupta met union Home minister P Chidambaram Wednesday but it denied reports that the two discussed Tuesday`s crackdown on Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers.
"Delhi Police commissioner met home minister but it was only a routine meeting about parliament questions," Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
"No law and order issues were discussed... all reports are wrong," Bhagat said.
Media reports quoting sources from the Delhi Police said the police commissioner briefed the home minister about the crackdown against activists of BJP`s youth wing, Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM).
There were clashes between members of BJYM and the police when the party activists were staging a protest here at Jantar Mantar, close to Parliament house.
Police lobbed teargas shells, used water cannons and resorted to baton-charge to disperse the demonstrators.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler