Chidambaram should be sent to Tihar Jail: BJP
New Delhi: Arguing that there was "voluminous evidence" against Home Minister P. Chidambaram in the 2G scandal, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday said he should be sent to Tihar Jail.
Quoting party president Nitin Gadkari`s address at the two-day national executive meet here, BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad accused the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government of shielding Chidambaram.
"Preference is being given to Chidambaram in spite of the voluminous evidence of his culpability and complicity... (this) only demonstrates the different yardsticks being followed," Prasad told reporters.
Evidence against former communications minister A. Raja, now in jail, and Chidambaram was the same, he said. "So why is Raja in jail and Chidambaram outside. He should be sent to Tihar Jail."
The BJP leader said the government was also stopping the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) from taking action against the home minister.
Questioning the role of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the 2G issue, Prasad said: "PM needs to answer why spectrum pricing was kept out of the Group of Ministers (GOM)."
"Action has been taken against Raja and many others and if more evidence is found then there will be need to investigate the role of PM in 2G," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda