Chilly, foggy New Year for Delhi; air, rail traffi
New Delhi: New Year began on a chilly note for Delhi Tuesday, with flight and train services hit by the dense fog. The met department said there will be no let up in the cold Wednesday.
A total of 37 flights and 13 train services were cancelled and 24 train services delayed due to heavy fog, according to the Delhi International Airport Authority and Indian Railways, respectively.
There was heavy fog in the morning with visibility reduced to 100 metres at 8.30 am. The sky remained overcast throughout the day.
The minimum temperature dipped to 4 degrees - three notches below average - while maximum temperature was recorded five notches below average at 15.3 degrees.
Homeless people were seen shivering in the bitter cold accentuated by chilly winds.
The met department has forecast similar weather condition Wednesday.
"There will be fog on Wednesday morning. The sky will remain clear in the day," said an official of the India Meteorological Department.
"The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to hover around 16 and 5 degrees Celsius, respectively."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged