Chilly Friday in Delhi, similar Saturday in store
New Delhi: It was a chilly day in the capital Friday with the maximum temperature settling two notches below average at 19 degree Celsius. The Met office forecast similar weather Saturday.
"There will be light mist in the morning tomorrow (Saturday)but the afternoon will be sunny and pleasant cold winds will continue to sweep for the next few days," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 19 and 7 degrees Celsius.
Shallow fog enveloped the city Friday morning and the visibility at 8.30 am was around 700 meters. However, no flights were cancelled due to it.
Fridays` minimum temperature was a notch below average at 6.3 degrees Celsius.
Thursday`s maximum temperature was 16.6 degrees Celsius, four notches below the season`s average, while the minimum was 9.2 degrees Celsius, two degrees above the average for the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi