Chilly Friday in Delhi, similar Saturday in store
New Delhi: It was a chilly day in the capital Friday with the maximum temperature settling two notches below average at 19 degree Celsius. The Met office forecast similar weather Saturday.
"There will be light mist in the morning tomorrow (Saturday)but the afternoon will be sunny and pleasant cold winds will continue to sweep for the next few days," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 19 and 7 degrees Celsius.
Shallow fog enveloped the city Friday morning and the visibility at 8.30 am was around 700 meters. However, no flights were cancelled due to it.
Fridays` minimum temperature was a notch below average at 6.3 degrees Celsius.
Thursday`s maximum temperature was 16.6 degrees Celsius, four notches below the season`s average, while the minimum was 9.2 degrees Celsius, two degrees above the average for the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'