Chilly Friday in Delhi, similar Saturday in store
New Delhi: It was a chilly day in the capital Friday with the maximum temperature settling two notches below average at 19 degree Celsius. The Met office forecast similar weather Saturday.
"There will be light mist in the morning tomorrow (Saturday)but the afternoon will be sunny and pleasant cold winds will continue to sweep for the next few days," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 19 and 7 degrees Celsius.
Shallow fog enveloped the city Friday morning and the visibility at 8.30 am was around 700 meters. However, no flights were cancelled due to it.
Fridays` minimum temperature was a notch below average at 6.3 degrees Celsius.
Thursday`s maximum temperature was 16.6 degrees Celsius, four notches below the season`s average, while the minimum was 9.2 degrees Celsius, two degrees above the average for the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!