Chilly Monday morning in Delhi
New Delhi: It was a chilly Monday morning in the capital with icy winds making Delhiites shiver. The minimum temperature settled two notches below average at 5.2 degrees Celsius.
Although a shallow fog enveloped the city early morning, the Met Office has forecast a clear day ahead.
"The fog will clear as the day progresses. However, the evening might be cold," an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
The maximum temperature is expected to be around 17 degrees Celsius.
Humidity at 8.30 a.m. was 94 percent and the visibility was around 500 metres.
According to Northern Railway, thick fog continued to affect train services in north India Monday.
"Twenty-seven trains are running behind schedule and 11 have been cancelled. The train services were severely hit today (Monday) owing to the dense fog in many parts of north India," a Northern Railway statement said.
Sunday`s maximum temperature settled four notches below average at 17 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was average at 7.7 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!