Chilly morning for Delhi
New Delhi: It was a sunny but chilly morning in the capital on Tuesday with the minimum temperature settling three notches below average at 4.8 degrees Celsius. The Met office has forecast a clear day.
"The day will be bright and clear but by evening a drop in temperature will be witnessed and it will be chilly," an official from the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
A light veil of mist enveloped the city early morning. Visibility at 8.30 am was 800 metres.
The maximum temperature will hover around 19 degrees Celsius, the IMD official said.
Humidity at 8.30 am was 88 percent.
Monday`s maximum temperature settled three notches below average at 18.4 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was a notch below average at 6.2 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez