Chilly morning for Delhiites
New Delhi: After few days of pleasant
weather, Delhiites woke up to a chilly morning Tuesday with the minimum temperature dipping to 4.4 degree Celsius.
The minimum temperature recorded was four degree below
normal at this time of the season, the MeT office said.
The maximum temperature was recorded at 22.2 degree
The minimum temperature, which was recorded at 4.4 degree
Celsius, is three degrees higher than yesterday`s 7.3 degree
Celsius, the MeT office said.
Delhiites have been experiencing pleasant weather for the
past few days after reeling under intense cold wave conditions
during the second and third weeks of this month.
The MeT office has predicted mainly clearly sky with shallow fog for tomorrow.
Last month saw the minimum temperature came down to 2.9
degrees Celsius on Christmas morning, the lowest of the season
In the past 11 years, except for 2010, the month of
January has recorded the lowest minimum temperature on
January eight of 2006 when the mercury had dipped to 0.2
The record lowest minimum for the month was on January
16, 1935, when the mercury touched minus 0.6 degrees Celsius
while the highest maximum was 32.5 degrees on January 28,
- Diesel, petrol cabs go off roads in Delhi, owners warn of suicides
- Lawsuit filed over Facebook's plan to issue new Class C stock
- Four-year-old boy rescued from borewell dies on way to Pune hospital in Maharashtra
- Aam Aadmi Party appoints Naveen Jaihind as Haryana convener
- IAF choppers dump water to douse forest fires; Centre sends probe team to Uttarakhand