Chilly morning in Delhi, sunny day ahead
New Delhi: It was a chilly Sunday morning in the national capital with a shallow fog enveloping the city. The minimum temperature settled at 7.7 degrees Celsius, average for this time of the season.
The Met Office has forecast a clear day ahead.
"A clear day lies ahead for Delhi. However, it will get colder towards the evening," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The maximum temperature is likely to be around 20 degrees Celsius.
Humidity was 97 percent at 8.30 am.
According to Northern Railway, the thick fog cover in north India has thrown train schedules out of gear.
"Over 29 trains are running behind schedule and seven have been cancelled. The train services were severely hit today (Sunday) owing to the dense fog in many parts of north India," a Northern Railway statement said.
Saturday`s maximum temperature settled two notches below average at 19 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was a notch below average at 8.5 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog