Chilly morning in Delhi, sunny day ahead
New Delhi: It was a chilly Sunday morning in the national capital with a shallow fog enveloping the city. The minimum temperature settled at 7.7 degrees Celsius, average for this time of the season.
The Met Office has forecast a clear day ahead.
"A clear day lies ahead for Delhi. However, it will get colder towards the evening," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The maximum temperature is likely to be around 20 degrees Celsius.
Humidity was 97 percent at 8.30 am.
According to Northern Railway, the thick fog cover in north India has thrown train schedules out of gear.
"Over 29 trains are running behind schedule and seven have been cancelled. The train services were severely hit today (Sunday) owing to the dense fog in many parts of north India," a Northern Railway statement said.
Saturday`s maximum temperature settled two notches below average at 19 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was a notch below average at 8.5 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM