Chilly morning in Delhi, sunny day ahead
New Delhi: It was a chilly Sunday morning in the national capital with a shallow fog enveloping the city. The minimum temperature settled at 7.7 degrees Celsius, average for this time of the season.
The Met Office has forecast a clear day ahead.
"A clear day lies ahead for Delhi. However, it will get colder towards the evening," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The maximum temperature is likely to be around 20 degrees Celsius.
Humidity was 97 percent at 8.30 am.
According to Northern Railway, the thick fog cover in north India has thrown train schedules out of gear.
"Over 29 trains are running behind schedule and seven have been cancelled. The train services were severely hit today (Sunday) owing to the dense fog in many parts of north India," a Northern Railway statement said.
Saturday`s maximum temperature settled two notches below average at 19 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was a notch below average at 8.5 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured