Chilly morning in Delhi, sunny day ahead
New Delhi: It was a chilly Sunday morning in the national capital with a shallow fog enveloping the city. The minimum temperature settled at 7.7 degrees Celsius, average for this time of the season.
The Met Office has forecast a clear day ahead.
"A clear day lies ahead for Delhi. However, it will get colder towards the evening," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The maximum temperature is likely to be around 20 degrees Celsius.
Humidity was 97 percent at 8.30 am.
According to Northern Railway, the thick fog cover in north India has thrown train schedules out of gear.
"Over 29 trains are running behind schedule and seven have been cancelled. The train services were severely hit today (Sunday) owing to the dense fog in many parts of north India," a Northern Railway statement said.
Saturday`s maximum temperature settled two notches below average at 19 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was a notch below average at 8.5 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'