Chilly Sunday in Delhi, Monday morning to be foggy
New Delhi: It was a chilly Sunday with overcast sky in the national capital. The minimum temperature dipped to 7.7 degrees Celsius, normal for this time of the year. Cold winds swept through the city.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast similar conditions Monday.
The maximum temperature fell by four degrees Celsius as compared to Saturday`s maximum of 21.4, one notch above average.
Sunday`s maximum temperature was 17 degrees, four notches below average.
"Over 29 trains were running behind schedule and seven have been cancelled. The train services were severely hit today (Sunday) owing to the dense fog in many parts of north India," a Northern Railway said in a statement.
Humidity in the city wavered between a high and low of 97 and 51 percent.
"Monday morning will be misty and foggy but the sky will remain clear in the day," said an IMD official.
The maximum and minimum temperatures will be around 18 and seven degrees Celsius, the weather forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...