Chilly Sunday in Delhi, Monday morning to be foggy
New Delhi: It was a chilly Sunday with overcast sky in the national capital. The minimum temperature dipped to 7.7 degrees Celsius, normal for this time of the year. Cold winds swept through the city.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast similar conditions Monday.
The maximum temperature fell by four degrees Celsius as compared to Saturday`s maximum of 21.4, one notch above average.
Sunday`s maximum temperature was 17 degrees, four notches below average.
"Over 29 trains were running behind schedule and seven have been cancelled. The train services were severely hit today (Sunday) owing to the dense fog in many parts of north India," a Northern Railway said in a statement.
Humidity in the city wavered between a high and low of 97 and 51 percent.
"Monday morning will be misty and foggy but the sky will remain clear in the day," said an IMD official.
The maximum and minimum temperatures will be around 18 and seven degrees Celsius, the weather forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'