Chinese delegation meets Dikshit
New Delhi: A seven member delegation of
Chinese women today called on Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
and exchanged with her views on issues relating to the fair
The delegation was led by Vice President of All China
Women Federation Song Xiuyan.
Dikshit as well as the delegation deliberated on issues
confronting women of both the countries, said an official.
The members of the delegation told Dikshit that they are
deeply impressed by the new infrastructure in Delhi. They
spoke particularly about the green cover in the city, he said.
A member of the delegation said they have come to visit
India to share their experiences and enhance understanding and
friendship between women of India and China.
Xiuyan gave a brief account of women empowerment schemes
in her country which include free medical check-ups,
micro-credit facilities and political participation.
Dikshit in turn highlighted various schemes launched by
her government to empower women.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Archery World Cup: Deepika Kumari makes quarterfinal exit as no Indian left in individual events
- Vedanta posts Q4 loss of Rs 11,181 crore on impairment charge
- RBI proposes to regulate peer-to-peer lending sector
- Mamta Kulkarni's husband involved in country's biggest drug seizure?
- US economy expands 0.5% in Q1, slowest in two years