Chinese delegation meets Dikshit
New Delhi: A seven member delegation of
Chinese women today called on Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
and exchanged with her views on issues relating to the fair
The delegation was led by Vice President of All China
Women Federation Song Xiuyan.
Dikshit as well as the delegation deliberated on issues
confronting women of both the countries, said an official.
The members of the delegation told Dikshit that they are
deeply impressed by the new infrastructure in Delhi. They
spoke particularly about the green cover in the city, he said.
A member of the delegation said they have come to visit
India to share their experiences and enhance understanding and
friendship between women of India and China.
Xiuyan gave a brief account of women empowerment schemes
in her country which include free medical check-ups,
micro-credit facilities and political participation.
Dikshit in turn highlighted various schemes launched by
her government to empower women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why