Chinese delegation meets Dikshit
New Delhi: A seven member delegation of
Chinese women today called on Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
and exchanged with her views on issues relating to the fair
The delegation was led by Vice President of All China
Women Federation Song Xiuyan.
Dikshit as well as the delegation deliberated on issues
confronting women of both the countries, said an official.
The members of the delegation told Dikshit that they are
deeply impressed by the new infrastructure in Delhi. They
spoke particularly about the green cover in the city, he said.
A member of the delegation said they have come to visit
India to share their experiences and enhance understanding and
friendship between women of India and China.
Xiuyan gave a brief account of women empowerment schemes
in her country which include free medical check-ups,
micro-credit facilities and political participation.
Dikshit in turn highlighted various schemes launched by
her government to empower women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'