Chinese delegation praises management of Tihar jail
New Delhi: Tihar Jail has got a thumbs up from a visiting Chinese delegation led by Vice justice minister Zhang Sujun for the management of prisons.
Sujun, along with seven others, visited Tihar Jail yesterday and held discussions with Director General (Prisons) Vimla Mehra and other jail officials.
"Prison complex of New Delhi has excellent management, harmonious environment, and is a model for the corrections work in Asia," the minister said.
The delegates visited the IGNOU campus in Central Jail No 3 where about 1,200 prisoners are currently pursuing different courses from IGNOU and NIOS.
"They also saw the preparation of food in jail kitchen and the lodgment of prisoners in the dormitories.
They also visited Drug De-addiction Centre where the treatment of addicts and their rehabilitation activities are carried out with the help of medical staff and NGOs," Tihar spokesperson Sunil Gupta said.
The Chinese Vice-Minister also visited the jail factory in Central Jail No 2. The delegates were told that the factory`s annual turnover is gradually increasing and now expected to be Rs 25 crore in the current fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly