CISF constable who killed colleagues gets life imprisonment
New Delhi: A CISF constable, who killed his two fellow jawans at the Indian Embassy in Kathmandu eight years ago, has been sentenced by a city court here to life imprisonment and slapped with a fine of Rs 30,000.
Additional Sessions Judge Lal Singh at Patiala House court convicted Constable Ravinder Rana and sentenced him to undergo life imprisonment with a total fine of Rs 30,000 for the shoot-out at the Embassy in the wee hours of January 18, 2005, the CBI said here on Wednesday.
The incident took place after Rana had entered into an altercation with one of his fellow jawans during the night. In the early hours the next day, after heated exchange, he opened fire in the barrack inside the Embassy premises.
"The case was taken up by CBI for investigation. The investigation revealed that two CISF personnel were killed and three injured when one Ravinder Rana, Constable CISF posted for security duty at Indian Embassy in Kathmandu(Nepal), opened fire at his colleagues in a barrack inside the Embassy premises," the agency said in the statement.
The agency completed its probe in three months and filed a charge sheet in the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate against Ravinder Rana on April 8, 2005.
"After seven years of trial, the Additional Session Judge, Patiala House Courts, New Delhi found Ravinder Rana (who is still under judicial custody), guilty of the offence of murder U/s 302, 307 of IPC & 27 of Arms Act and convicted him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA