CISF deploys special women teams in night Metro trains
New Delhi: CISF personnel will travel in late night Metro trains in order to ensure security of female passengers, a top official on Wednesday said.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) which guards the Delhi Metro network has issued orders to its officials to ensure deployment of uniformed and plainclothes women and men personnel after 2030 hours in Delhi Metro trains.
These police personnel will be present till the last Metro train runs.
"Plainclothes and uniformed personnel of the force will patrol the Metro train coaches and platforms to ensure security of passengers, especially women," CISF chief Rajiv told PTI here.
The personnel will keep an eye on troublemakers in the trains and the women police personnel will essentially travel in the first coach of Metro which is reserved for female passengers, he said.
The CISF Director General said these orders have been issued with immediate effect and both the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and Delhi Police have been informed about the new measure.
The step has been taken in the wake of the gangrape of a young girl in Delhi in last month.
The CISF has also deployed two exclusive women Quick Reaction Teams (QRTs) at Karol Bagh and Chandini Chowk Metro stations to meet any emergency, the DG said.
Rajiv, who undertook a surprise inspection of the Metro network a few days after the December 16 incident also said that any complaint regarding harassment or teasing can be reported to the CISF helpline. The CISF helpline for Delhi Metro is 011-22185555.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'