CISF jawan helps restore metro traveller`s bag with cash Rs 1.80 lakh
New Delhi: An alert CISF jawan has helped restoring a bag containing Rs 1.80 lakh in cash to its owner who had forgotten it at a Delhi Metro station.
The incident happened in the last evening at the Vaishali Metro station when a Ghaziabad resident Dalip Singh forgot his bag at the station and left for his home.
The bag, which lay unattended, was identified by on-duty CISF constable Ajnesh N who immediately informed his superiors about it which was lying suspiciously, a senior CISF official said.
The bag was then subjected to anti-sabotage measures and when it was opened it was found that it contained Rs 1.80 lakh in cash.
"The bag was submitted to the station controller by the officials of the force and later when Singh came looking for it he was handed over the bag after proper verification.
The passenger thanked the jawan for his alertness and his act," the senior Central Industrial Security Force officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’