CISF jawan helps restore metro traveller`s bag with cash Rs 1.80 lakh
New Delhi: An alert CISF jawan has helped restoring a bag containing Rs 1.80 lakh in cash to its owner who had forgotten it at a Delhi Metro station.
The incident happened in the last evening at the Vaishali Metro station when a Ghaziabad resident Dalip Singh forgot his bag at the station and left for his home.
The bag, which lay unattended, was identified by on-duty CISF constable Ajnesh N who immediately informed his superiors about it which was lying suspiciously, a senior CISF official said.
The bag was then subjected to anti-sabotage measures and when it was opened it was found that it contained Rs 1.80 lakh in cash.
"The bag was submitted to the station controller by the officials of the force and later when Singh came looking for it he was handed over the bag after proper verification.
The passenger thanked the jawan for his alertness and his act," the senior Central Industrial Security Force officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security