CISF jawan helps restore metro traveller`s bag with cash Rs 1.80 lakh
New Delhi: An alert CISF jawan has helped restoring a bag containing Rs 1.80 lakh in cash to its owner who had forgotten it at a Delhi Metro station.
The incident happened in the last evening at the Vaishali Metro station when a Ghaziabad resident Dalip Singh forgot his bag at the station and left for his home.
The bag, which lay unattended, was identified by on-duty CISF constable Ajnesh N who immediately informed his superiors about it which was lying suspiciously, a senior CISF official said.
The bag was then subjected to anti-sabotage measures and when it was opened it was found that it contained Rs 1.80 lakh in cash.
"The bag was submitted to the station controller by the officials of the force and later when Singh came looking for it he was handed over the bag after proper verification.
The passenger thanked the jawan for his alertness and his act," the senior Central Industrial Security Force officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!