CISF officer restores Rs 90k lost in Delhi Metro
New Delhi: A bag containing Rs 90,000 cash was restored by a CISF officer to a commuter who forgot it at the Delhi Metro station recently.
The incident had happened on December 23 at Chandni Chowk metro station when a Delhi resident forgot to pick his bag containing the amount from the X-ray baggage machine after he put it in the machine for scanning.
Assistant Sub-Inspector Laxman Das, deployed at Delhi Metro security, detected the bag lying unattended and after proper security checks handed it over to the station manager.
"The passenger, who lost the bag, has been identified as Sachin Agarwal and when he came back, the bag was returned to him after verification," a senior CISF officer said.
The identity of the passenger was also verified by CCTV footage, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje