CISF officer restores Rs 90k lost in Delhi Metro
New Delhi: A bag containing Rs 90,000 cash was restored by a CISF officer to a commuter who forgot it at the Delhi Metro station recently.
The incident had happened on December 23 at Chandni Chowk metro station when a Delhi resident forgot to pick his bag containing the amount from the X-ray baggage machine after he put it in the machine for scanning.
Assistant Sub-Inspector Laxman Das, deployed at Delhi Metro security, detected the bag lying unattended and after proper security checks handed it over to the station manager.
"The passenger, who lost the bag, has been identified as Sachin Agarwal and when he came back, the bag was returned to him after verification," a senior CISF officer said.
The identity of the passenger was also verified by CCTV footage, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note