CISF official returns Rs 90,000 lost silver to owner
New Delhi: Abandoned silverware worth Rs 90,000 was returned on Wednesday to its rightful owner by an alert CISF official deployed for security duties at the Delhi Metro.
According to CISF, Sub-Inspector Santosh Sharma detected an unattended bag containing silver items and some clothes at platform no 2 of Shastri Nagar Metro station at around 11.30 am.
Sharma deposited the bag at the station control room with instructions that the bag should only be released after proper verification of the claimant, a senior CISF officer said.
After about 15 minutes, a person, identified as Jagdish, came to claim the bag and after being satisfied that the bag was his, the Metro authorities returned it to him, the officer said.
SI Sharma has been recommended for a citation by the force headquarters for his commendable action, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you