CISF should render assistance to differently-abled
New Delhi: `Metro Man` E Sreedharan on Wednesday
lauded the "good work" being done by CISF personnel guarding
the Delhi Metro and asked them to render special assistance to
differently-abled commuters to make their travel comfortable.
78-year-old Sreedharan, who is expected to retire as
Managing Director of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation by the end
of this year, made the remarks during a meeting with top
officials of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
"We have designed the platforms in a way that
physically challenged passengers can also commute on the Delhi
Metro and the security personnel should give special attention
for their comfort when they travel," Sreedharan was quoted as
saying by officials.
While complimenting the force for "going beyond their
call of duty" at many instances to help commuters and the
Delhi Metro staff, Sreedharan said the force should keep
social responsibility as their "top priority" while rendering
The Delhi Metro chief was invited for a session with
top officials of the force including CISF chief N R Das during
their regular operations meet, but he chose to give them a
"Sreedharan was invited to be a part of the one-day
meet of the force where operational preparedness of various
sectors across the country is reviewed," CISF spokesperson and
Assistant Inspector General Rohit Katiyar said.
According to sources, Sreedharan recalled his
association with the CISF when he headed the Cochin Port Trust
many years back and had felt that high moral values should be
"I was the most relieved person when CISF took over
the security aspect of the Delhi Metro. The force has done a
glorious job since its induction at Delhi Metro," Sreedharan
"The four cardinal fundamentals of punctuality,
integrity, professional competence and social accountability
should always be adhered to," he said while speaking about his
The CISF has deployed about 4,500 men and women
personnel to guard Delhi Metro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre