CISF should render assistance to differently-abled
New Delhi: `Metro Man` E Sreedharan on Wednesday
lauded the "good work" being done by CISF personnel guarding
the Delhi Metro and asked them to render special assistance to
differently-abled commuters to make their travel comfortable.
78-year-old Sreedharan, who is expected to retire as
Managing Director of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation by the end
of this year, made the remarks during a meeting with top
officials of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
"We have designed the platforms in a way that
physically challenged passengers can also commute on the Delhi
Metro and the security personnel should give special attention
for their comfort when they travel," Sreedharan was quoted as
saying by officials.
While complimenting the force for "going beyond their
call of duty" at many instances to help commuters and the
Delhi Metro staff, Sreedharan said the force should keep
social responsibility as their "top priority" while rendering
The Delhi Metro chief was invited for a session with
top officials of the force including CISF chief N R Das during
their regular operations meet, but he chose to give them a
"Sreedharan was invited to be a part of the one-day
meet of the force where operational preparedness of various
sectors across the country is reviewed," CISF spokesperson and
Assistant Inspector General Rohit Katiyar said.
According to sources, Sreedharan recalled his
association with the CISF when he headed the Cochin Port Trust
many years back and had felt that high moral values should be
"I was the most relieved person when CISF took over
the security aspect of the Delhi Metro. The force has done a
glorious job since its induction at Delhi Metro," Sreedharan
"The four cardinal fundamentals of punctuality,
integrity, professional competence and social accountability
should always be adhered to," he said while speaking about his
The CISF has deployed about 4,500 men and women
personnel to guard Delhi Metro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users