CISF to deploy more women personnel on Delhi Metro
New Delhi: To ensure safety of women on Delhi Metro, Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has decided to increase the number of its women personnel to 25 per cent of its total deployment.
The decision comes after the Central government recently announced that police stations in the national capital will have more women staff.
"We have decided to enhance the number of our women personnel and take their strength to 25 per cent of our total deployment in the Delhi Metro. The exercise is on," CISF chief Rajiv told PTI.
The Director General (DG) said the women personnel will be deployed to patrol Metro trains, conduct special checks and carry out frisking duties.
"We can increase the number of women personnel in Delhi Metro upto a limit as their duties are designated. But still, we will be able to enhance their numbers to a satisfactory level in a phased manner," the DG said.
At present, close to 5,000 CISF personnel guard the Delhi Metro network and about 800 of them are women personnel who render a variety of security duties.
Earlier this month, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had said that two women sub-inspectors and 10 women constables will be posted in each of the 166 police stations in the national capital.
The CISF, according to the DG, has also asked Delhi Metro authorities to give its personnel access in certain control rooms on Metro stations for better control and security of stations.
Some stations in the Phase-I project of the Metro will also have more CCTVs in vulnerable areas. The CISF had recently issued fresh directives for enhanced deployment of uniformed and plainclothes women and men personnel in late night metro trains.
The instructions were issued in the wake of the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in the national capital last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?