CISF to finish induction on airport Metro link in 15 days
New Delhi: The CISF, which will guard the
high-speed airport Metro network, will finish induction of
personnel and deployment of security gadgets on the sensitive
link in about a fortnight`s time.
The force, which is presently guarding the existing Metro
network in the national capital, will "replicate" the
operational security model on the 23-km network.
"The deployment of men and material will be done within
two to three weeks time. The security arrangement will be the
same and will be replicated as that on the present Delhi Metro
network," Home Ministry sources said.
The personnel will be brought from various formations of
the force across the country, they said.
After missing three deadlines, the Airport Express Line
is expected to roll out by February 20.
The country`s first such corridor, which connects the
city`s main shopping centre -- Connaught Place -- to Indira
Gandhi International Airport, will have six stations ?- New
Delhi, Shivaji Stadium, IGI Airport, Dwarka Sec-21, Dhaula
Kuan and Aerocity.
More than 250 Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
personnel will be inducted in phases and the unit will be
headed by a Commandant rank officer of the central police
The go-ahead to CISF to man the high-speed corridor came
on February 4 at a high-level meeting chaired by Home
Secretary Gopal K Pillai. The meet was also attended by
officials from CISF, Delhi Airport Metro Express Private
Limited (DAMEPL) and the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
The CISF will also deploy vehicle-borne Quick Reaction
Teams in and around the stations.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Delhi Metro`s
Managing Director E Sreedharan while inspecting the link
yesterday had said the line will begin operations once the
CISF moves in.
"The Line is ready (for operations). It is very good,
modern and the only corridor in the country that connects the
city with airport. It has been built very beautifully,"
Dikshit had told reporters.
"The formal opening of the Line will take a month`s
time," she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family