CISF to finish induction on airport Metro link in 15 days
New Delhi: The CISF, which will guard the
high-speed airport Metro network, will finish induction of
personnel and deployment of security gadgets on the sensitive
link in about a fortnight`s time.
The force, which is presently guarding the existing Metro
network in the national capital, will "replicate" the
operational security model on the 23-km network.
"The deployment of men and material will be done within
two to three weeks time. The security arrangement will be the
same and will be replicated as that on the present Delhi Metro
network," Home Ministry sources said.
The personnel will be brought from various formations of
the force across the country, they said.
After missing three deadlines, the Airport Express Line
is expected to roll out by February 20.
The country`s first such corridor, which connects the
city`s main shopping centre -- Connaught Place -- to Indira
Gandhi International Airport, will have six stations ?- New
Delhi, Shivaji Stadium, IGI Airport, Dwarka Sec-21, Dhaula
Kuan and Aerocity.
More than 250 Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
personnel will be inducted in phases and the unit will be
headed by a Commandant rank officer of the central police
The go-ahead to CISF to man the high-speed corridor came
on February 4 at a high-level meeting chaired by Home
Secretary Gopal K Pillai. The meet was also attended by
officials from CISF, Delhi Airport Metro Express Private
Limited (DAMEPL) and the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
The CISF will also deploy vehicle-borne Quick Reaction
Teams in and around the stations.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Delhi Metro`s
Managing Director E Sreedharan while inspecting the link
yesterday had said the line will begin operations once the
CISF moves in.
"The Line is ready (for operations). It is very good,
modern and the only corridor in the country that connects the
city with airport. It has been built very beautifully,"
Dikshit had told reporters.
"The formal opening of the Line will take a month`s
time," she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'