CISF to install 900 more CCTV cameras in Delhi Metro
New Delhi: To foil any terror strike, the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is planning to install 900 more CCTV cameras across the Delhi Metro network this year, its chief said Friday.
"In at attempt to develop immediate attention to suspicious object or activities, the force is planning for the installation of 900 more CCTV cameras which will cover vulnerable areas across Delhi Metro," said CISF Director General Rajiv.
"We have contacted the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) to increase the number of CCTV cameras to cover the areas which are currently escape the vigilant electronic eyes," he added.
CISF has asked the Delhi Metro to increase the number of CCTV cameras to 6,000 and relocate the 300 of the existing cameras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family