CISF to install 900 more CCTV cameras in Delhi Metro
New Delhi: To foil any terror strike, the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is planning to install 900 more CCTV cameras across the Delhi Metro network this year, its chief said Friday.
"In at attempt to develop immediate attention to suspicious object or activities, the force is planning for the installation of 900 more CCTV cameras which will cover vulnerable areas across Delhi Metro," said CISF Director General Rajiv.
"We have contacted the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) to increase the number of CCTV cameras to cover the areas which are currently escape the vigilant electronic eyes," he added.
CISF has asked the Delhi Metro to increase the number of CCTV cameras to 6,000 and relocate the 300 of the existing cameras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday