CISF to install 900 more CCTV cameras in Delhi Metro
New Delhi: To foil any terror strike, the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is planning to install 900 more CCTV cameras across the Delhi Metro network this year, its chief said Friday.
"In at attempt to develop immediate attention to suspicious object or activities, the force is planning for the installation of 900 more CCTV cameras which will cover vulnerable areas across Delhi Metro," said CISF Director General Rajiv.
"We have contacted the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) to increase the number of CCTV cameras to cover the areas which are currently escape the vigilant electronic eyes," he added.
CISF has asked the Delhi Metro to increase the number of CCTV cameras to 6,000 and relocate the 300 of the existing cameras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Wimbledon: British No. 3 Kyle Edmund faces 1st round exit.
- 'Bad cholesterol not linked to elderly deaths'
- Women's Kabaddi challenge set for debut, to begin alongside men's Pro Kabaddi
- Shahid Kapoor’s on-screen cousin 'Jassi' from 'Udta Punjab' will make you go weak in the knees – Pics inside
- Woman raped by husband, his brothers in Rajasthan; Maneka Gandhi asks NCW to probe