CISF to install 900 more CCTV cameras in Delhi Metro
New Delhi: To foil any terror strike, the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is planning to install 900 more CCTV cameras across the Delhi Metro network this year, its chief said Friday.
"In at attempt to develop immediate attention to suspicious object or activities, the force is planning for the installation of 900 more CCTV cameras which will cover vulnerable areas across Delhi Metro," said CISF Director General Rajiv.
"We have contacted the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) to increase the number of CCTV cameras to cover the areas which are currently escape the vigilant electronic eyes," he added.
CISF has asked the Delhi Metro to increase the number of CCTV cameras to 6,000 and relocate the 300 of the existing cameras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days