City reels under power cuts as mercury soars
New Delhi: Several areas in the city on Sunday faced long power cuts in sweltering heat as some of the major power transmission lines tripped on Sunday due to technical problems.
Power department officials said a 220 kilo volt line at Bamnauli area and another major line at Lodhi road tripped at 2:30 pm triggering power cuts in various areas of South Delhi and West Delhi.
They said both these lines were repaired within two hours and power supply was restored by around 4 pm.
Supply of power was also affected periodically in areas such as Mayur Vihar, Kondli, Ghazipur as the BTPS (Badarpur Thermal Power Ltd)-Noida-Ghaziabad line also tripped after a conductor got damaged.
The transmission line comes under the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation and officials said it will be repaired tomorrow only by the neighbouring state.
Power department officials said arrangements are being made to supply power through alternate lines in the affected areas.
"There was no power in our area for three hours," said a resident of Ghazipur area.
The power cuts made life difficult for the people in the sweltering heat as the maximum temparature today was recorded at 43.6 degree celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam