Civic Centre to house two municipal bodies
New Delhi: The two municipal corporations of North and South Delhi will operate from the 28-storeyed Civic Centre here with Delhi government today clearing the proposal in this regard.
MCD on Wednesday issued office order following the decision of the city government to establish the headquarters of North Delhi and South Delhi municipal corporations at the Civic Centre.
East Delhi corporation is likely to be based in DSIIDC office in Karkardooma. Earlier, it was speculated that North Delhi Corporation will be based in Town Hall in Chandni Chowk.
In his order, Janak Digal, Additional Commissioner (Establishment) said that 17 floors have been allocated for both the municipal bodies besides four separate floors for the Office of Commissioners and Additional Commissioners.
The North Delhi Commissioner will work from fourth floor while South Commissioner has been allocated the ninth floor.
Additional Commissioners of North and South will work from the fifth and sixth floors respectively while Director of Local Bodies will use some space on the sixth floor.
Seventh floor has been allocated to maintenance team of Civic Centre, 24th for IT Department and 25th to Toll Tax Department and Election Office.
While the first floor will accommodate the reception area for both the municipalities, the second and third floors will be the office of Deputy Commissioner of City Zone.
Nine other floors -- 8 and 10 to 17 -- have been allotted to North Corporation while from 18th to 23rd and 26th to 27th floors have been allocated to South Delhi.
"Since the Civic Centre falls under the jurisdiction of North Delhi Municipal Corporation, the administrative control of Civic Centre will remain with the North Delhi Municipal Corporation.
"The day to day maintenance and other aspects of the building will be looked after by the North Delhi municipal corporation. The North Delhi Municipal Corporation may claim the maintenance charges from the South Delhi Corporation as to be decided by the Director (Local Bodies)," Digal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL