CJM to police: Probe slapping of cameraman by Asaram Babu
Ghaziabad: The Chief Judicial Magistrate court here Wednesday asked police to investigate the charges leveled on Asaram Bapu by a TV channel cameraman, who was allegedly slapped by the religious guru on September 2.
Ajay Bir Singh -counsel of the petitioner - said Asaram slapped Sachin Kumar when he failed to follow the religious leader`s instruction to capture in camera the congregation during a Samagam (meeting) in Ghaziabad.
On the complaint made by the cameraperson, Kavi Nagar police of the district had registered an FIR under section 323 of IPC (voluntarily causing hurt) against the religious guru.
The police later filed a final report in the matter and did not proceed further with the case, Singh claimed.
The CJM court on the application of the petitioner asked Kavi Nagar police to investigate the matter and register a case again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state