CJM to police: Probe slapping of cameraman by Asaram Babu
Ghaziabad: The Chief Judicial Magistrate court here Wednesday asked police to investigate the charges leveled on Asaram Bapu by a TV channel cameraman, who was allegedly slapped by the religious guru on September 2.
Ajay Bir Singh -counsel of the petitioner - said Asaram slapped Sachin Kumar when he failed to follow the religious leader`s instruction to capture in camera the congregation during a Samagam (meeting) in Ghaziabad.
On the complaint made by the cameraperson, Kavi Nagar police of the district had registered an FIR under section 323 of IPC (voluntarily causing hurt) against the religious guru.
The police later filed a final report in the matter and did not proceed further with the case, Singh claimed.
The CJM court on the application of the petitioner asked Kavi Nagar police to investigate the matter and register a case again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?