CJM to police: Probe slapping of cameraman by Asaram Babu
Ghaziabad: The Chief Judicial Magistrate court here Wednesday asked police to investigate the charges leveled on Asaram Bapu by a TV channel cameraman, who was allegedly slapped by the religious guru on September 2.
Ajay Bir Singh -counsel of the petitioner - said Asaram slapped Sachin Kumar when he failed to follow the religious leader`s instruction to capture in camera the congregation during a Samagam (meeting) in Ghaziabad.
On the complaint made by the cameraperson, Kavi Nagar police of the district had registered an FIR under section 323 of IPC (voluntarily causing hurt) against the religious guru.
The police later filed a final report in the matter and did not proceed further with the case, Singh claimed.
The CJM court on the application of the petitioner asked Kavi Nagar police to investigate the matter and register a case again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands