Class 8 student dies in Delhi school, kin allege foul play
New Delhi: A Class VIII student of a government school in Rohini area of outer Delhi died under mysterious circumstances here Wednesday afternoon, police said.
14-year-old Sanjay Kumar, a student of Senior Secondary School in Sector 15 of Rohini, fell unconscious around 12:15 PM on the school premises and was rushed to Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar Hospital, where doctors declared him dead, a senior police official said.
The victim`s family, however, alleged that the boy died after he was given corporal punishment by a teacher. They also alleged negligence on part of the school management and accused them of hiding the exact cause of their son`s death.
"Someone from the school called us that Sanjay has fallen ill and he has been taken to hospital. By the time we reached the hospital, he had passed away," a relative of the victim said.
Pimary investigation has revealed that there was no foul play and the victim had a sudden fit of epilepsy which led to his death.
"Investigation under section 174 of Criminal Procedure Code has been initiated in this case. We have spoken to the friends of the victim who had told us that he had a fit following which he fell unconscious. The children have also denied that he was beaten by anybody or had a fight," the official said.
We will now wait for the postmortem report to ascertain the cause of death and will proceed accordingly, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket