Class XII students arrested in snatching cases
New Delhi: They should have spent their time
revising for the CBSE examinations in February but two Class
XII students in Delhi seemed to have other plans.
Dipankar Dass (21) and Kapil Chauhan (19), who are
appearing for Board examinations, turned to snatching to fund
their outings with girlfriends, police claimed today.
As the exam fever reached a high in the second fortnight
of February, they allegedly committed four snatchings in the
capital, police said.
Their victims include an MBBS student who lost her bag
and mobile phone and a Spice Jet employee who was robbed of
her laptop, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) H G S
Police claim these were not their first crimes and in
the months of May and June last year, they targeted several
women and snatched their cell phones, hand bags and gold
chains in west Delhi`s Janakpuri and Hari Nagar.
However, their luck ran out last Saturday when they went
to PVR Priya complex in Vasant Vihar to dispose of a mobile
phone and the laptop snatched from the airline employee. They
were arrested from there on a tip-off, police said.
Chauhan is a student in a public school of Mahavir
Enclave in Dwarka while Dass is appearing in the exams as a
"Dass purchased a Karizma bike last year for committing
snatching," Dhaliwal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Sprinter Dutee Chand shatters own national record, qualifies for Rio Olympics
- One in seven women in Bengaluru garment factories faces sexual violence: Report
- Moody's downgrades Britain to 'negative'; others warn
- BSP's Gaya Charan Dinkar is new Leader of Opposition in UP Assembly
- Jacqueline Fernandez at the launch of two Aéropostale stores in Mumbai! Pic inside