Cleaner Delhi: Dikshit pitches for renewable energy
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday pitched for harnessing renewable energy to decrease pollution load and said citizens would be sensitised about their role in making the city more cleaner.
Delhi does not have potential to harness wind energy and the only possible renewable energy options are solar and waste to energy projects, she said.
"Harnessing renewable energy is a must for Delhi as it shall help in decreasing the pollution load. We shall sensitise the citizens towards their duty of contribution to make this historic city a cleaner and better place to live in," she said.
Dikshit was speaking while handing over 1KWP Solar Power System under `My Delhi I Care Fund` to Kendriya Sakari Karmchari Awas Kalayn Samiti and Central Govt Employees Residential Welfare Association at DIZ Area, Gole market.
The chief minister stressed upon the need for developing new and renewable energy sources and exhorted people to conserve resources for future generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH