Cleaner Delhi: Dikshit pitches for renewable energy
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday pitched for harnessing renewable energy to decrease pollution load and said citizens would be sensitised about their role in making the city more cleaner.
Delhi does not have potential to harness wind energy and the only possible renewable energy options are solar and waste to energy projects, she said.
"Harnessing renewable energy is a must for Delhi as it shall help in decreasing the pollution load. We shall sensitise the citizens towards their duty of contribution to make this historic city a cleaner and better place to live in," she said.
Dikshit was speaking while handing over 1KWP Solar Power System under `My Delhi I Care Fund` to Kendriya Sakari Karmchari Awas Kalayn Samiti and Central Govt Employees Residential Welfare Association at DIZ Area, Gole market.
The chief minister stressed upon the need for developing new and renewable energy sources and exhorted people to conserve resources for future generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days