Clear sky fails to bring respite from cold
New Delhi: Delhiites were greeted today by a
clear sky but hardly had any respite from cold with the
mercury staying well below normal despite a marginal rise in
Though the minimum temperature rose from yesterday`s 2.9
degrees Celsius to 3.4 deg C, it was still five degrees below
the normal temperature for this time of the season.
The maximum was recorded at 20.3 degrees Celsius, one
notch below normal, the MeT office said.
The Weatherman forecast further drop in temperature,
saying it was likely to touch the 2 degrees Celsius mark
The maximum would be around 21 degrees Celsius, Met
The city will witness a shallow fog or mist in the
morning and a clear sky later in the day, the Weatherman said.
There was shallow fog at the airport today, but it didn`t
affect flight operations at the IGI airport here.
Though, 59 flights were delayed, none due to the weather
in Delhi. While two were delayed due to poor weather at the
destination, 57 others due to operational reasons, an airport
Eight flights remained cancelled today, one due to
inclement weather at destination and seven others due to
operational reasons, he said, adding 42 planes operated using
CAT-I instrument landing system.
According to Met, the visibility at the airport may dip
to 500 metres between 6 PM and 11.30 PM and it may reduce to
200 metres in fog from 2.30 am.
In December last year, the minimum had come down to 5.2
deg C on the 22nd of the month. In the past decade, the lowest
minimum for the month was recorded on December 12, 2005 when
the mercury recorded 3.3 deg C while the highest maximum was
28.4 deg C on December 15, 2003.
The record for the lowest minimum for the month of
December is 1.1 deg C recorded on the 26th of the month in
1945 and the highest maximum was 29.3 deg C on third of the
month in 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH