Click and complain: App to alert NDMC soon
New Delhi: Soon, you can alert New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) about malfunctioning streetlights or garbage on streets by clicking the site and sending the image to the agency using a photo-based mobile application.
The app will be launched soon to improve the grievance redressal system in the areas under the jurisdiction of NDMC, a top agency official said.
"This is one of the best practices being launched soon to improve the quality of life in the NDMC area for residents and tourists with the help of state-of-the-art and globally competitive technology," NDMC chairperson, Jalaj Shrivastava said.
The residents can download the app, click if they see any poor civic amenity and send it to the civic agency.
The app is in line with the wi-fi facility to be launched in some of the popular markets in the area.
Khan Market will, in 15 days, be the first to have the facility provided by Vodafone India and will soon be followed by Connaught Place, Dilli Haat, and Sarojini Nagar, NDMC officials said.
The internet speed will be around 5 Mbps and the bandwidth will be set only after a month of observation, Shrivastava said.
Users will be allowed to access the internet using the wi-fi service free of cost for up to 15 minutes. Nominal charges would be levied after that.
Among other measures in the pipeline are a smart card that can be used to pay for parking, water and electricity in the NDMC area, and setting up of pay-and-use drinking water ATMs.
Using the smart cards which can be recharged at a minimum rate of Rs 100, people can avail a 10 per cent discount at parking facilities.
Also, NDMC will set up water ATMs in public places, government staff colony, slums, and government schools. In the pilot phase, up to 10 purifiers will come up at one location.
People can use either a token or a card to purchase drinking water from these purifiers. The rates for the same are yet to be finalised.
Last year, the civic body had set up a Hindi and English 24/7 call centre to handle customer queries and complaints as well as feedback regarding issues in the area.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Ravi Rampaul reveals shocking reason for not being picked in West Indian team
- IPL 2016, Match 31: GL vs DD - As it happened...
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Mamata Banerjee trying to influence polls with police help: CPI-M
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours