Close shave for Afghan child at IGI airport
New Delhi: A three-year-old Afghan girl had
a miraculous escape on Tuesday when she playfully jumped on a
moving dispatch conveyor belt and carried away to the first
level of baggage handling system, but was saved by a house-
keeping staff at the Terminal 3 of the IGI airport.
Zohra, who along with her parents was to board Kabul-
bound Kam Air flight RQ 116, strayed from her parents and
climbed on to the dispatch conveyor on Row K at the departure
level around 1.32 PM, airport sources said.
She was carried to the level-1 of the baggage handling
system with the belt.
Seeing this, housekeeping staff Kanhaiya Jha, who was
standing near the check-in counter, jumped on to the moving
belt, they said.
"Operations staff on duty immediately stopped the belt
and the child was safely brought out from the initial level
(Level-1) of baggage handling system under Jha`s protective
care," an airport official said.
The child taken for a medical check-up, where doctor on
duty declared her `fit to fly`.
The toddler was later reunited with her parents, who
thanked Jha, and subsequently they boarded the flight. "Jha
was rewarded for his bravery and selfless attitude," a Delhi
International Airport Limited (DIAL) spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in